Saturday 22 October 2011

Perfect Saturday treat

I have to give big thanks to BBC2 for showing a classic Fred and Ginger film every Saturday for the last few weeks. You can't beat tap dancing round the kitchen whilst making lunch (well it works for me). I love this number but I can't find any footage of Ginger actually singing it from the film so I'm adding 2 clips today, one singing and one dancing.


These films never lose their appeal for me. The dancing is still as fabulous now in our big budget big effect days. You can't beat talent. This Irving Berlin number is so happy that you just can't help dancing along. There are other lovely versions of it but for me today is a celebration of Fred and Ginger. This clip is from their 1936 musical 'Follow the Fleet'.

No comments:

Post a Comment